This is a guide written for players new to the game. Nothing is assumed, it's not even assumed that you've downloaded the game. So consider this a tutorial for first-time players. Players with some experience may benefit from it, but players with a lot of experience will likely not benefit at all. You should have already read the Object of the Game and be familiar somewhat with the concept of a light cycle, walls, and so forth.
To understand what other players are talking about, and to understand the rest of this tutorial, some definitions are in order.
- Grinding is what happens when you rub your cycle against a wall. If you are running parallel to a wall and you are very close to it, you will be grinding. A sound effect and sparks will normally accompany a grind.
- Doublebinding is what is referred to when more than one key is bound to the same action. A detailed discussion is provided on the Double Binding page.
- Rubber is a mechanism that helps to account for lag. An understanding of rubber is only of arguable use, a detailed discussion is available on the Rubber page.
- Boxing is creating a wall around another player so he can't escape and will eventually run into it
- Lag is the difference between what you see on your computer screen and what is computed on the server which centralises all the different players info.
More jargon can be found in the Glossary.
Introduction to Movement
Armagetron Advanced works on the unique concept that a cycle can only accelerate by riding on another player's wall. The closer you are to a player's wall, the faster your cycle will accelerate. Brakes are provided, but they are disabled on many servers. Your cycle turns in right angles, typically, and leaves a long wall behind it wherever it goes. With this in mind, let's talk about movement.
By default, movement keys are z and x, where z turns left and x turns right. v is your brake control. This stuff is fairly self-explanatory, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
Turning slows your cycle down. This is a useful fact on servers that disable braking because you can use a series of rapid turns to slow your cycle down if needed. As already mentioned, you make your cycle go faster by getting close to another player's wall, or your own wall. The closer you can grind the wall, the more speed you will gain.
Please Do not delete it , I need lots of money urgent. [url=http://movado4u.myforum.ro]Movado[/url] [url=http://replicawatchcheap.myforum.ro]Replica Watch[/url] [url=http://replicarolex.myforum.ro]Replica Rolex[/url] [url=http://watchesreplica.myforum.ro]Replica Watches[/url] [url=http://handbags4u.myforum.ro]Replica Handbags[/url] [url=http://swissreplica.myforum.ro]Swiss Replica[/url] [url=http://designerhandbags.myforum.ro]Designer Handbags[/url] [url=http://breitling.myforum.ro]Breitling[/url] [url=http://panerai.myforum.ro]Panerai Watches[/url] [url=http://omega4u.myforum.ro]Omega Watches[/url] [url=http://accessories.myforum.ro]Accessories[/url] [url=http://valiumcheap.myforum.ro]Valium[/url] [url=http://lipitor4u.myforum.ro]Lipitor[/url] [url=http://www.forumprofi3.de/forum8832/]Buy Tramadol[/url] [url=http://www.forumprofi3.de/forum8833/]Vaniqa[/url] [url=http://www.forumprofi3.de/forum8834/]Estradiol[/url] [url=http://www.forumprofi3.de/forum8835/]diflucan[/url] [url=http://www.forumprofi3.de/forum8836/]Order Xanax[/url] G'night
Not happy with with the colour of your trail, or your bike? Want to change the colour of your chat-text? How about the floor grid, or the walls even? You can customise nearly anything you see, and here's how.