Ladle Info | Ladle | Challenge Board | Tools | Operations | Results | Statistics | Voting | Bowl
|The One hundred and twenty-eighth TRONIC Ladle will be played on Sunday, August 1st, 2021!|
The Magargle Bowl is not the TRONIC Bowl, which is based on the growth of Armagetron. The Bowl on this page is independent of TRONIC, but borrows the name and numbering. Bowl 1 was played in June 2009 with the brackets barely breaking 16 teams and far short of the projected 32. The Magargle Bowl is named in memory of Andrew Magargle (Elmo), a valuable player and contributor who passed away on 20 December 2013.
The Magargle Bowl is an annual event based on Ladle performance. It is independent of Ladle and does little to affect the monthly event other than increasing competition. The Bowl is played on the last Sunday in April every year, a few weeks after the season ends. A season is nine months long and runs from August to April. This leaves three months of off-season play for teams and players to reorganize (Fortress participation generally falls during the summer months of the Northern Hemisphere).
Statistics are recorded for each Ladle of the season and are later used to determine who is eligible to play The Bowl and how those teams will be seeded. The top 4 teams will meet in the Bowl, seeded by rank. The current ranking formula is:
( Round wins + Ladle wins ) * ( Match win / Match total )
Requirements to play in The Magargle Bowl are as follows (Rule of 5):
- Teams must play at least 5 of the 9 Ladles in each season.
- Players must play on the same team at least 5 times during the season to join them in The Bowl.
- Teams must have at least 5 eligible players.
Of course, this means the Challenge Board and Results page are critical to determining who is eligible. Teams and players should use the same name throughout the season. Even slight variations can cause confusion when recording stats and may ruin a team's rank. Aliases (and name variations) may cause unclear eligibility. In short: be serious, been seen.
If you substitute for another team during the season make sure to move your name to their roster on the Challenge Board during or immediately following Ladle. You are not guaranteed eligibility later of you decide to appeal, though the community may allow it on a case-by-case basis. discussion.
Since the Bowl is smaller than Ladle there is more time available to determine a winner. Both semi-finals and finals are best of 5 matches.
Seed placement: 1 ___ |___ 4 ___| | |___ 3 ___ | |___| 2 ___|
28 April 2013
- Rogue Tronners - Poke' Master (PokeMaster@forums), Overrated (Overrated@forums), DGM (DaGarBBaGeMAN@forums), Shoebat, Tobe, Animuson, Lackadaisical, Red, Titanoboa, Monkey D. Luffy
- Revolver - free kill (email@example.com), Concord (Concord@forums), Hoax (Hoax@forums), Xyron (Xyron@forums), Durka, freako, Olive, 1200, Bellum
- Redemption - Soul (Soul@forums), Vov (vov@forums), Appleseed (Zenith@forums), Subfocus, Brok3n, Koala, Eckz, RoterBaron
- MeetYourMaker - Vogue (liz@forums), devicat (devicat@mym), sinewav (sinewav@forums), Elmo (ElmosWorld@forums), Spin, weed, pyrrhic, rugkei, Jericho, Chah
- Crazy Tronners - Woned (owned@forums), Cronix (Cronix@ct/junior), MB53 (matchbox53@forums), Beer, Gonzap, J-Dawg, Acid, Animal, Voodoo, safari
- RoadRunnerZ - Zero (0000@forums), Vinny (Vinny@roadrunnerz.net), Vital firstname.lastname@example.org), Nub (Nub@forums), Chop, Minsy, Siege, Space, Magi
- Team Unknown - ppotter(ppotter@forums), House (DrHouse@unk.me), Pr3 (Pr3@forums), Fingerbib (fingerbib@forums), akira, slash, hi, Wildcat, thelastsunrise, Jip, Vein, Mister
- Speeders - insanity (-*inS*-@forums), Syre (Syre@Speedersclan.org), AI (AI@Speedersclan.org), 3b, FoFo
Edit this game day --> Template:Bowl2Bracket
|Quarter Finals (19:30 GMT)||Semi Finals (20:15 GMT)||Championship (21:00 GMT)|
|CT USA||Rogue Tronners||x|
|AoT UK||Rogue Tronners||2|
|AoT US||Rogue Tronners||1|
|AoT UK||Crazy Tronners||2|
|CT LIV||Crazy Tronners||2|
|CT LIV||Team Unknown||1|