There may be many lingering questions in your mind about the tournament. Perhaps this can answer a few of your questions!
What are the requirements for playing?
- Sign up
- Show up on time
- Cooperate with your teammates and team Captains
Can I be a Captain? What do I do?
- Anyone who is signed up as a "Player" may also sign up as a "Captain"
- You *must* have IRC to be a Captain, if not an actual client you must still have access to an internet browser the Saturday or Sunday (subjective) before the tournament so you can draft your teams. IRC will be used to communicate with other Captains during the draft. The Web version of IRC can be found on this page.
When do I show up?
- On game day, captains and players will be expected to show up about 30-45 minutes prior to the opening round.
- Captains need to ensure all players are able to play for the duration of the tournament. Anyone that is missing/cannot play can then be replaced by willing players who didn't make the initial 48 slots. This includes players from the forums/tron community/IRC channel. What this does not include is players who have participated on another team but were previously knocked out.
What if the Captains don't all show up to the draft?
- Any Captain(s) missing will be replaced by players from the Players pool the Saturday before the event. The Captain(s) will then be put into the Players pool and drafted to a team rather than choosing their own team.
- But, in what way will the new Captain(s) be chosen? I will go down the list of players (from 1-48) and find the first available people and ask if they would like to be a Captain. The first people I find that are interested will be the new Captain(s).
What is the order for Captains choosing players during the draft?
- The Captains that sign up will be assigned a random draft number which will determine their picks.
- The Captain with Draft number 1 will have the picks of "Captain #1" on the chart below
- "Captain #1" 1, 16, 24, 25, 40
- "Captain #2" 2, 15, 23, 26, 39
- "Captain #3" 3, 14, 22, 27, 38
- "Captain #4" 4, 13, 21, 28, 37
- "Captain #5" 5, 12, 20, 29, 36
- "Captain #6" 6, 11, 19, 30, 35
- "Captain #7" 7, 10, 18, 31, 34
- "Captain #8" 8, 9, 17, 32, 33
What if someone is late for the game?
- If a player is LATE for their game, but shows up in time for the first series of matches (first round), they are entitled to their starting spot on the team back. If a player shows up AFTER the first round is over, and their team has advanced into the second round of the tournament, that player does NOT have the full rights to take his/her spot back. The late player must ask the substitute(s) if he/she can play, and must be willing to accept "NO" as an answer.
- If a team has a first round bye or their opponent forfeits, and they begin playing the second round, that counts as the second round for that team and any late players may not take their spot back forcefully. The late player must ask the substitute(s) if he/she can play, and must be willing to accept "NO" as an answer.
- In the event that a Captain is late, a new player from that team will be asked to step up and fill in the role as captain, as well as find an additional substitute. If the Captain shows up in the first round, or before the second round, he/she may take their spot back and the players will be shifted back into their original roles with any extra substitutes being asked to sit out. If a Captain shows up after the first round is over, he/she does not have full rights to take their spot back and must ask a substitute if they are willing to switch out and allow the captain to play. At this point, the interim Captain is advised to resign their rights to the original Captain of the team. This is primarily due to the original Captain already having the Team Leader rights in the authorities file.