I downloaded my first copy of Armagetron in early 2002. I only played locally, but didn't like it as much as other lightcycle games so I deleted it after a few days. In December 2007 I decided to try it again, but this time I played online. Since then I've been addicted.
ArmagetronAd is more than just a game to me - it's a creative outlet.
- I've made lots of textures and models, most of which can be found here.
- There is some music I wrote for (inspired by) the game called ALERT! Restricted Mainframe Access
- I created some sound effects in anticipation of a future Arma version.
- Some moviesounds I made are in the .zip above and this thread.
- A promotional video I did turned out pretty well.
- I am responsible for the Adventures of TRON family of servers. They are totally awesome.
- Sometimes I use Arma for purely artistic purposes.
- I wrote some web-tools to make tournaments run a little easier.
- How about this achievement badge creator? Sweet, huh?
- After years of not having one, I finally wrote up a Capture the Flag strategy guide. (Includes a 15 page manual on defense, plus a couple essays on holing and base-camping.)
- And I've even done streaming commentary on Ladles.
- I won a few tournaments:
- Ladle 49
- Brawl 13
- Brawl 21
- Illegal Exit 1
- Illegal Exit 2
- Also won Tronnies in the years 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013.
I'm sometimes mocked for my catchphrase, "sumo is luck." There just happens to be more scoring randomness in Sumo than other game modes because of it's design, and a little luck goes a long way in Sumo.