4 Team Fortress Tourney 2 - Organization
Last time we MAY have been just a bit unorganized due to a team forfeiting, but overall we started pretty much on time. So this is how we are going to organize this:
- Step 1: Sign up on the Teams List
- Step 2: Pick a team captain
- Step 3: Place your team name under which of the 2 servers you would like to play in (1st come, 1st serve(r))
- Step 4: Tell the people that you want to be on your team to go sign up on the Wiki
- Step 5.5: (On the day for team captains only) Go into the Chat Room 30-45 minutes before the start
- Step 5: (On the day) Organize your team at least 30 minutes ahead of time
- Step 6: (On the day) Once your team is assembled, begin warming up. There will be no warmup rounds.
- Step 7: (On the day) Play the first round
- Step 8: (On the day) After the 1st round, team captains come back to the Chat Room to sort out the finals and losers bracket
- Step 9: (On the day) Play the finals and losers round
- Step 10: HAVE FUN!
Team captains don't forget to view the communication page.
Note about the Java chat: The certificate is used to gain access rights to the whole of the PC, for a simple chat room with java this is usually not neccessary. I haven't taken a closer look at the chat. --Joda 06:12, 31 October 2006 (CST)
- Yeah, it needs those rights to connect to the IRC server. Other than your CGI::IRC web chat it connects directly to the IRC server and doesn't send the chat messages via HTTP… —Wrtlprnft 13:11, 31 October 2006 (CST)