Write a report on your games, exciting play, team-tactics... and also include any feedback on how to improve the tournament!
Feedback for the Eleventh Ladle
- First 2 rounds went well, Â¦xÂ¦ played quite well together as a team and we defeated TM in round 1, where 2020 had to go find some other players to help out at the last minute. That ended up 2-0, but then when it came to the second round we only had 6 players, and DS/oops had 8. 2020 and wrtlprnft helped us out, big thanks to them. We got through that, also 2-0.
- We then had to wait about 6 hours for the final, due to the TuI vs Mr Men match being delayed. When the Mr Men all arrived, they had 7 players, so wrtlprnft left and 2020 continued to help us out. During all this time as the server wasnt locked, random people kept joining and screwing up the teams, meaning the final got delayed even moreso. We went down 1-0 in the first match which was really close, like 100-94. Similar story in match 2, however subz' ping started going crazy due to other downloads through his router - thats why he left, as theres no point playing when you cant do anything with 600 ping. Being one-man down, we then lost the 2nd match to a quite similar score.
- It was here that some of things began to piss me off. As it was best of 5, there was one person playing as "Mr x", saying some things like, don't worry only one more match to go before we get out of here, in a really arrogant tone which pissed me off, as if to imply we wouldnt even stand a chance of winning one match (we didnt, but thats not the point). Then, considering who the players were (I found out after) I was even more shocked. Probably a team of the best euro players there is, and I was holed in practically every round. Now Ive got no problem with holing, but when its about 4 vs me and you just torpedo its fucking ridiculous. Considering the skill level of the players were against me they shouldnt have even needed to hole.
- I dont feel like we were defeated in the final, more just holed the fuck out of to try get everything over as quickly as possible.
- We started as team 7, and tui was team 8 so we expected to start playing in the quarterfinals like the challengeboard said, but for one reason or another Durka had decided to start in semi's, which made our team and a big part of tui show up 45 minutes too early. This led to a lot of irritation and confusion (like random people shouting 'this match it starts!' even though we already waited 30 minutes and we knew durka would show up in another 15). Ofcourse durka didn't officially know who we were but he could've posted something on the forums, it would've saved us alot of misery. I'm just glad our team showed enough patience, I can't image the hell that would've broken loose if we would've forced tui to play at the assigned time.
- About Mr. x's comments: It's not something I would do, but it's 'just' trashtalk, during the heat of the battle people do it to stir the enemy up, get them out of focus. I guess you could say it's part of the game, plus you can always silence trashtalkers. That's what a big part of our team did. And I don't really see a big difference between what Mr. x said and what some people from |x| said to Omega when he showed up after the finals. Or maybe implying someone sucks is worse than just plainly saying it.
- I'm not sure what to say about the whole holing thing that hasn't been said already, but even some of the 'best'players agree that there are defs that are pretty much impossible to break.
- Well, it was a fun ladle. Got a headache for about the 4th straight ladle due to playing TuI (You should feel lucky that you played against us then TuI, Rico) TuI played remarkedly well, probably the best they have ever played imo while I think we were a bit too confident. 1st match was a blow out, 2nd match was like 90-82 or something in our favor and TuI came back to win it 104-100 . And then the 3rd match was like 100-80 I think. I was defense and let me tell you, even in an American server, and I am an American I felt slides nearly once going around the zone (and I go around fast) which would kill me everytime if I did not expect it. I got penetrated about 3 to 4 times because I froze up for a second which left a gap leading to a victory for them. Knowing this, I can't imagine what all the euro players had to deal with. orange, red, and gold were fantastic sweepers. I normally hate sweepers but they made my job easy ;). The finals were a bit lopsided. Just knowing a few we had a damn good team going from playing in crappy conditions to semi-crappy conditions which will make you play better. (If you run long enough with 10 pound weights on your ankles, when you take them off your legs will run faster)
- Every ladle it seems there are complaints. Winzone this, holing that, trash talk blah. You don't have to see the winners as the best team, but you should see them as the team that played the best, this time. And then of course make it your duty to own them in the next ladle =D
- Lack - I didnt see anything said to omega, who was it by? This was plainly because by the end of match 2 there were only about 5 people I hadnt silenced after getting pissed with Mr X and a number of others, including at least two members of my own team I think.
- Grats anyway, hopefully next ladle all the server will be private so theres no problems with random people joining. Maybe we could also start up a discussion about some new settings to rework some of the parts of the game which make people unhappy/pissed off, etc etc etc.
- Oh, and a big thanks to Legit and 2020 for helping us out this Ladle, and also to wrtlprnft who played for us vs oops + DS.
- Dunno who it was by it was just shit talk against SP. I think everyone could care less including me but Lack is just saying that whatever X was saying was minor in comparison.
- Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that 2020 has always said, that if there are only 2 teams on one side of the bracket (in this case TuI and FWW), then the first round is skipped. His reasoning for this was so that the winning team didn't have to wait 45 minutes in between the semi's and finals. This would also allow the entire competition for that team (in this case FWW) to only last 1:30 straight minutes rather than play for 45, break for 45, play again for 45. So, I was just going on past experiences. Sorry for the confusion.
- As for the matches, indeed, FWW got too cocky and we caught them by surprise the 2nd match. As usual, we (or I guess I) weren't prepared seeing as I got 1 round of warmup after rushing home. Then again, everyone was pissed off and wanted to start. Another problem I can see was the player limit. We were expecting FWW to show up with 5 players since they had only signed up with 5, but oh well. So, we ended up filling the server with 16 players. The big problem was, I was locked out and spammed my teammates aim/msn to tell them to get rid of one of our teammates so I could join. Then, we started playing and we had 8 players, but we did not know that Luzifer and Sky were locked out of the server. Then garisimo's connection dropped after the 3rd round or so. By that time, I'm guessing, Luzi and Sky had probably stopped trying to connect to the server. So, we ended up playing 7 on 8 vs FWW.
- This doesn't happen in Cafe of Z-Man's server since they allow 32 clients, we got to fix that for Wild West.
- Holes, heh, I've gotten holed everytime I've played the Ladle, so for FWW to hole me constantly over 3 matches wasn't surprising, but one thing really pissed me off. It was 4 on 2 (we had 2) and my defense was pretty big and my sweeper (don't remember who it was) was doing a great job. Then, I see their defense and sweeper attack. They grind eachother the length of the grid and torpedo into my defense. You can say that's good strategy, but, if a team has to torpedo me to win, it pretty much takes the fun out of it. Especially since this was near the beginning of the 3rd match. So instead of us getting a possible 10 points for winning the round, they get 10. Basically a 20 point swing. Then we /team messaged each other saying, "Hole them!" but then we all decided not to since we thought it showed poor sportsmanship.
- All in all, it was fun playing against a team consisting of: Lackadaisical, madmax, MaZuffeR, eggcozy, newbÃe, pavelo, PsYkO, & wHaTuP.
- Great competition and looking forward for a rematch.
- It seemed to us that the ladle starts at 8:30 GMT and first bracket starts at 8:30 GMT, not 9:15. All of us seemed ready at around 8:45GMT but we were missing an admin. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was 8v8 throught he middle of round 2, and start of round 3 it was 8v8 again, I'm sure me and you should know this best because at the start of every round I'm circling and looking at how many from each team are alive. About you expecting 5 cuz only 5 were signed up. This is a bit sticky. See we did only have 5 signed up because it states that for a person to sign up they have to come to the challenge board and sign themselves up. This isn't strictly enforced but I can tell you that TuI also had 5 members, one hour later had like 10-12 members signed up =D lol. Holes are part of the game, I get holed by every single team in the ladle.
- The Reservoir Dogs will maybe make a return sometime in the future, but not for a whiiillleee.
- ~ X ~
- Haha, I just loved the laddle. Before it started, everyone was saying we going to be playing against some of the 'best' European players (FFW), so we should practice as much as we can. Ha, what a joke that was! Rather than showing experience and their skills,which I was so looking forward to, it ended up as an opposite. The first two matches were great, the opposite team was doing incredible job, before I guess we pissed them off and caught them by surprise by winning the 2nd match. After that the whole hell turned lose. There wasn't no more competition, there was only one way one and one way only, HOLING! It seemed that our defense started screaming "DEF DOWN" more often every single match till the end. There was no more challenge left in the game except figuring on how to prevent our self's from getting holed. After a few rounds in game, the team also decides, why try to break a defense if we could just torpedo (in the middle of the game). Now that was a main highlight I'm guessing. Kind of guessing they really NEEDED to win no matter what at that point. There was no skills involved afterwards, only non-stop irritating holing. Sure I guess people say holes are part of the game and you should hole, but most do show some kind of decency of actually trying to win. I never saw any challenge we were suppose to have fighting against some of the most experienced players on tron, or maybe I'm just wrong, being one of the best players you got to be best at holing the other team, who knows, but I'm finding out more and more things. Instead I did figured out one thing during this laddle, is the next time we fighting some of the so called overrated 'best' players of tron, is to be prepared for non stop holing.
- Playing anonymous seems to lend itself more to all the name calling. In the final, I didn't even know who Mr. X and Mr. Blue was on my own team. Anonymity needs to be taken out of tourneys at some point in the distant future.
- I'm sure everything has been said already in arguments about holing ... maybe the team who is being holed should just not die. I'm sure thats been said.
- TUI is a good team, but their whole focus is on defense. There were times when they had 3 and we had 2, or just 2 on 2, and all they wanted to do was defend till we had one left. My connection was awful, the server was to put it nicely, not so great, and I was not in a position to do anything close to walls, but TUI insisted on playing turtle, putting me with my crappy connection up against two with American connections. They deserved every hole they received.
- In the future, remind me not to play on a team with even one player who thinks double grinding is a good thing. There was one on our team who insisted on being 2 or 3 and insisted on DG.
- Team Something Something is still the best team ever :-D
- I've never won anything on this game where the opponent has admitted defeat =_= Ok TuI you are the best clan and best ladle team, you guys are teh pwn
- ~ X ~
- Jeez, you the most irritating person I ever came across on Tron, are you trying or that's just your nature being an asshole?
- Jeez, I'm sorry that you can't even say that a team of 8 of probably the best 10 fortress players isn't better than TuI. So you think I'm irritating huh? Now you know how most of the fortress player feels about TuI players. There are those that think I'm a great guy, those that think I'm a complete dick. The same goes for you or anyone else pretty much in the world.
- Psyko I still think it's funny you and whatup ditched your 'elite' speeders clan to play with the foggies. But it's even funnier that your 'elite' speeders clan couldn't even beat half of the oops clan and the other half rubber players. WD on the win, also wd to sp for being so awsomely good.
- Considering I organized our team and I told k3nny (our ladle organizer) well in advance that i was going to play for another team, I hardly call that ditching, but hey you can try and convince some of them that.. Yes SP lost, but so did you. Correct me if I'm wrong but in the same round? And before that losing a 2v1 by basically 100-0 if it wasn't for a suicide. Hardly in a position to run your mouth JJ.
- Good games. Best ladle for me for a long time... Enjoyed the first game and thanks to rico of |x| i got to play in their team in the semi and final. Nice analysis rico, though i must admit, opponents chatting and bawking is expected in a high-testosterone environment; such chat comes with the game... and holing is allowed, we just didn't cover defence well... Rico: as a captain, you are superb, and it was a pleasure to work in a team, positive comments by flex, humour from subz...
- lacka says it all...
- psyko's right too: best team on the night, though i am waiting for a team to dominate who are full of average players but they play as a unit...
- durka is right too too: normally we skip the quarters if the semi is empty... but this does need to be communicated between captains, players, etc... as for holing -- guys, it is part of the game, it is not a game fault... it might be a low-honour technique, but in game-ware, anything within the rules goes...
- hehehe as for the rest of it, it is a competition, and none of us like to lose hehehe
- egg "in the future, remind me not to play on a team with even one player who thinks double grinding is a good thing. There was one on our team who insisted on being 2 or 3 and insisted on DG."
- Thats funny because I remember when I was first playing fortress, the worst abuse I ever received was from you. This was because I was not double grinding. I also dont get the obsession with name alliases either when we are all in a tournament. Rico pretty much summed it up. Credit to wrtl 2020 & legit for playing for us also.
- Hoax, you are wrong. I don't know who you are thinking of, but I have never in my life told anyone they should double grind. I have always thought that it hurts the team more than it helps. Usually the only players I have "abused" are players who DG poorly with the result of killing me when I am center.
- "Obsession" is a strong word regarding my thoughts on anonymity. Just an opinion. I like to know who individual players are on my team and the other team (more important for the team I am on). You don't see players in the World Cup or the World Series deciding they want to be called W30wN3DU. I guess it's probably something that can not be changed with 13 year olds and online play though.
The Eleventh Tronic Ladle was won by Fogies with Wheelchairs on Sunday 6th May
The Seventh Tronic Ladle was won by Speeders on Sunday 7th January
The Fourth Tronic Ladle was won by proN00bz on 1st October 2006.
- Ladle 13: Feedback & Results, Forum Thread
- 1 Year Anniversary Lookback Thread
- Ladle 12: Feedback & Results, Forum Thread
- Ladle 11: Feedback & Results, Forum Thread
- Ladle 10: Feedback & Results, Forum Thread
- Ladle 9: Feedback & Results, Forum Thread
- Ladle 8: Feedback & Results, Forum Thread
- Ladle 7: Feedback, Forum Thread
- Ladle 6: Feedback, Forum Thread
- Ladle 5: Feedback, Forum Thread
- Ladle 4: Feedback, Forum Thread
- Ladle 3: Feedback, Match Reports, Forum Thread
- Ladle 2: Feedback, Match Reports, Forum Thread
- Ladle 1: Feedback, Match Reports, Forum Thread
- Other: Wiki Feedback, Challengeroom Feedback
Ladle Info | Ladle | Challenge Board | Tools | Operations | Results | Statistics | Voting | Bowl
|The Hundred and tenth TRONIC Ladle will be played on Sunday, June 3rd, 2018!|
Recordings of previous Ladles can be found here. They are usually made with the stable build at that time, using the default settings. If a recoding doesn't work, search the forums for the thread relating to that Ladle and read it for help.
|1st Round||2nd Round||3rd Round||Finals|
|EU (Gene GER)||WTF|
|EU (Gene GER)||WTF||1|
|NA (Kyle NYC)||m&m||2||EU (Gene GER)||m&m||0|
|Sparks and friends||0||WTF||2|
|NA (Kyle NYC)||-||NA (Kyle NYC)||WTF||1|
|Sparks and Friends||Sparks and Friends||0|
|1st Round||2nd Round||3rd Round||Finals|
|Kyle NYC||Sparks and friends||0|
|Gene GER||WTF||2||Kyle NYC||m&m||2|
|Crazy Tronners Open Team||0||WTF||0|
|Gene GER||Sparks and friends||0||Gene GER||WTF||1|
|Crazy Tronners Open Team||1||Crazy Tronners Open Team||0|
|1st Round||2nd Round||3rd Round||4th Round||Finals|
|Compguygene's GER||Crescent Moon||0|
|Kyle's NYC||Wild West||x||Compguygene's GER||Wild West||0|
|~bye~||x||CT LIV||Wild West / Redemption||1|
|CT LIV||WTF||x||Kyle's NYC||WTF||2|
|Compguygene's NYC||Sparks and friends||2||Compguygene's NYC||Sparks and friends||0|
|Crazy Tronners Open Team||0||CT LIV||WTF||2|
|Kyle's NYC||Crazy Tronners Open Team||0|
|Z-Man's FR||CT USA||Sparks and friends||x|
|~bye~||x||CT USA||Sparks and friends||0||Kyle's NYC||Wild West / Redemption||0|
|CT USA||Z-Man's FR||~bye~||x||Crazy Tronners Open Team||1||Crazy Tronners Open Team||1|
|Crazy Tronners Open Team||x|
|1st Round||2nd Round||3rd Round||4th Round||Finals|
|Kyle NYC||Sparks and Friends|
|~bye~2||Kyle's NYC||Sparks and Friends||0|
|Z-Man's FR||m&m||Z-Man's FR||m&m||2|
|Gene's NYC||Wild West||0||CT LIV||Dirty Ducks||0|
|Crazy Tronners Open Team||2||CT LIV||Crazy Tronners||0|
|CT LIV||Dirty Ducks||Gene's NYC||Dirty Ducks||2|
|CT LIV||Dirty Ducks||2|
|CT USA||CT USA||Crazy Tronners|
|~bye~3||Gene's NYC||Crazy Tronners||1||Gene's NYC||Crazy Tronners||0|
|Gene's GER||Gene's GER||Sparks And Friends||1||Sparks And Friends||0||Dirty Ducks||1|
|1st Round||2nd Round||3rd Round||4th Round||Finals|
|Z-Man GER||Sparks and friends||1||Kyle NYC||Wild west||x|
|Wild West||2||Z-Man GER||Wild West||0|
|gene NY||Rogue Tronners||x||gene NY||Open Team||2|
|Open Team||x||gene NY||Open Team'||2|
|gene GER||~bye~1||gene GER||Crazy Tronners Open Team|
|Crazy Tronners Open Team||Z-Man GER||Open Team||2|
|gene NY||Crazy Tronners Open Team||0|
|Kyle NYC||x||x||Kyle NYC||Crazy Tronners Open Team||1|
|Sparks and Friends||x||Sparks and Friends||0||Kyle NYC||Crazy Tronners Open Team||Kyle NYC||Crazy Tronners Open Team||1|
|gene GER||x||x||gene GER||Wild West||0|
|1st Round||2nd Round||3rd Round||4th Round||Finals|
|Kyle's NYC||Sparks and friends||1|
|Wild West||2||Kyle's NYC||Wild West||0|
|Gene's GER||Super Smash Bros.||x||Z-Man's FR||Super Smash Bros.||2|
|bye 1||x||Kyle's NYC||Super Smash Bros.||2|
|Monster's Unleashed US||Cataclyzm||x||CT LIV||Rogue Tronners||0|
|Monsters Unleashes||x||CT LIV||Cataclyzm||1|
|CT LIV||Rogue Tronners||2||CT USA||Rogue Tronners||2|
|Crazy Tronners||0||Kyle's NYC||Super Smash Bros.||0|
|CT LIV||Rogue Tronners||2|
|Gene's GER||Sparks and friends||x||Gene's GER||Sparks and friends||0|
|bye 1||x||Cataclyzm||1||Monster's Unleashed US||Cataclyzm||1||Monster's Unleashed US||Rogue Tronners||1|
|Monster's Unleashed US||Monsters Unleashed||x||Monster's Unleashed US||Crazy Tronners||0||Wild West||0||Cataclyzm||0|
|Crazy tronners||x||Wild West||1|
|Opening Round||2nd Round||3rd Round||4th Round||Semifinals||Finals|
|Gene TX||Wild West Beta|
|~bye~2||Z-Man GER||Wild West Beta||x|
|Z-Man GER||Oops||x||kool squad||x|
|kool squad||x||CT USA||kool squad||2|
|CT USA||Wild West Alpha||2||Z-Man GER||Wild West Alpha||1|
|BlackLivesMatter||0||CT USA||Wild West Alpha||2|
|Gene GER||PRU||0||Crazy Tronners Beta||0|
|Crazy Tronners Beta||2||CT LIV||kool squad||0|
|Gene NYC||Crazy Tronners Alpha||1||CT USA||Rogue Tronners||2|
|Monsters Unleashed||0||CT LIV||m&m||0|
|Kyle NYC||Rogue Tronners||2||Kyle NYC||Rogue Tronners||2|
|Team uNknown||0||Kyle NYC||Rogue Tronners||2|
|CT LIV||Rogue Tronners||1|
|Gene TX||~bye~2||Gene TX||Oops||x|
|Oops||Wild West Beta||x|
|Gene TX||Oops||x||Gene TX||Crazy Tronners Beta|
|Crazy Tronners Beta||x||Wild West Alpha|
|Gene GER||BlackLivesMatter||0||Gene GER||PRU||0|
|PRU||1||Crazy Tronners Beta||1|
|Z-Man FR||Wild West Alpha||0||Z-Man FR||m&m||2|
|Gene NYC||Crazy Tronners Alpha||1||Gene NYC||Crazy Tronners Alpha||1|
|Z-Man FR||Crazy Tronners Alpha||84||Z-Man FR||Redemption||0|
|Z-Man FR||Team uNknown||Z-Man FR||Team uNknown||0|