|ACL | Players | Rules | How To | Standings | Past Seasons|
|The 1st Season of the Armagetron Chess League will end on Monday, June 9th, 23:59 GMT!|
- 15 minute time control, no increment.
- 1 point awared for a win, ½ for a draw, 0 for a loss.
- 0 points for both sides if a game remains unplayed. However if your opponent turns down your game invitiations, you get the win at the end of the season. If both players took initiative to get the match played but it still wasn't played, it'll count as a 0-0 result. Exception: If the first time you asked for a game was in the last 2 weeks of the season, the game will count as 0-0.
- A season ends after 3 months or as soon as all the games have been played.
- The league is built on a division system with up to 6 players in every division. When the lowest division is full, a new one will be available under it.
- In all but the top division, the top 2 players will advance to the division above at the end of a season.
- In all but the bottom division, the bottom 2 players will move down to the division below at the end of a season.
- In the bottom division, if there are enough signups, the bottom 2 players will be moved out and replaced by the new players.
- A game must be played as an unrated 15 minute game on lichess.org, with both players logged in, to count as valid. It is your responsibility to make sure both you and your opponent are logged in before starting the game.
- The link to a played game must be attached when reporting a result for the report to be valid.
- Assistance from a computer or another human being is forbidden. (animals are ok)
Reporting a Result
- Make a post on the forum thread containing a link to the played game. Lost the url? Follow this guide
- Mention the score and who your opponent was. This is visible if you follow the link, but seeing it right away in the thread makes things easier.
- If you report multiple games at once, include all the links and mention all the scores and opponents. However, reporting each game immediately after playing is recommended.
- If you want to, you may add the game to the wiki and update the standings. If you don't, someone else will do it when they have time.
- If two players are tied, their result against each other will decide the outcome.
- If they're still tied, whether their game results are ½-½ & ½-½ or 1-0 & 0-1, the points of the opponents they've beaten will decide. Tie break rule explained on chess.com
- If they're still tied, number of games played will decide. (The more the better)
- If they're STILL tied (unlikely enough), a 5 minute blitz game will be played with random color. (Use !coin on irc to decide colors).
- If the blitz game is drawn, repeat until someone wins (colors will alternate automatically when you rematch on lichess). Note: draws are very rare in faster matches at our level of play.
- In this league, a match consists of two games.